Saturday, 24 February 2007

INTERACTION: Silent film

This is a part of the silent film called 'Voyage Dans la Lune' (A Trip to the Moon) by Georges Melies in 1902.

The character shown here, and the layered background is very relevant to my idea I'm going to work with. It gives me a clearer idea of how the character and the background work together and are quite sympathetic towards one another. The layered technique will have to be used if I'm going to be producing a toy theatre.

I really love this silent film because it's strange, dark, atmospheric and simple, and these qualities would work well with my idea.

Because this is a film, it's obviously going to be able to have all of the qualities that I need to work with in my idea! For example, passive, extrovert, opposite, etc! This is therefore going to be a great help towards my idea

No comments: